Have you been scrolling through your IG feed and come across self love quotes that say: “Self-love is not selfish; you cannot truly love another until you know how to love yourself” “You are enough” "You have to love yourself” "You can't love another person until you love yourself first." and stopped the scroll just for a quick second?
Self-love is a popular concept reinforced with self love affirmations and quotes and self-love directives we give or get to suggest a way to more living fulfillment and to put loving yourself into practice.
What is self love?
Self-love is important to living well. It influences thousands of things each day which impact who you surround yourself with, the image you project at work, and how you cope with the problems in your life.
Self Love is so important to your wellness that we want to dedicate the entire month of February to exploring concepts of self love and how to bring more of it into your life.
The experts from Psychology Today say that Self-love is not simply a state of feeling good. It is a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth.
Self-love is dynamic; it grows through actions that mature us. When we act in ways that expand self-love in us, we begin to accept much better our weaknesses as well as our strengths, have less need to explain away our short-comings, have compassion for ourselves as human beings struggling to find personal meaning, are more centered in our life purpose and values, and expect living fulfillment through our own efforts.
Whereas, similarly the experts at Brain and Behavior Foundation describe Self-love as having a high regard for your own well-being and happiness by taking care of your own needs and not sacrificing your well-being to please others. Self-love means not settling for less than you deserve.
So, how do you really practice Self Love so that you can love yourself?
There are all sorts of ways but we all know that a self love practice is more than just taking in self love affirmations on instagram but putting them into action and really loving and living your self through daily practices.
Here are some ways to practice self love to get you started.
- Becoming mindful. People who have more self-love tend to know what they think, feel, and want. Some ideas to become more mindful include:
- Meditate. Taking even just 5 minutes to sit quietly and follow your breath can help you feel more conscious and connected for the rest of your day. If you are starting on your path to mindfulness a mediation practice that you may want to check out is Mediation Minis with Hypnotherapist Chel Hamilton. These short minis may just help you become more mindful and get you excited about a mediation practice. Stay tuned for our article on more resources to become more mindful this month.
- Slow Down. The experts at Elevation Network suggest savoring the process of life, whether it’s writing a report, drinking a cup of CBD tea infused with Calm CBD Spray, or cleaning out closets. Deliberate and thoughtful attention to daily actions promotes healthy focus and can keep you from feeling overwhelmed.
- Move. Whether it’s walking, practicing yoga, or just stretching at your desk, become aware of your body’s sensations by moving which will assist with mindfulness as you take note of your body throughout the day.
- Practicing good self-care. You will love yourself more when you take better care of your basic needs. People high in self-love nourish themselves daily through healthy activities, like sound nutrition, exercise, proper sleep, intimacy and healthy social interactions. There is nothing better to focus on self care than incorporating some healthy habits that celebrate you. Try a Aaah CBD Bath Bomb, not only will the alone time in the tub nourish your mind but your body will also be restored and rejuvenated with CBD and calming restorative essential oils.
Focus on your basic needs by focusing on healthy sleep, struggling with wakefulness and finding it difficult to relax employ strategies like incorporating Calm CBD spray into your bedtime routine or Soothe Magnesium Spray which not only calm your nerves, replenishes magnesium which supports the sleep process but also envelopes your senses with calming essential oils.
- Making room for healthy habits. Start truly caring for yourself by mirroring that in what you eat, how you exercise, and what you spend time doing. Do stuff, not to “get it done” or because you “have to,” but because you care about you.
- Protect yourself. Bring the right people into your life. Engage with those that reinforce positivity and support you in your quest for self love.
- Live intentionally. You will accept and love yourself more, whatever is happening in your life, when you live with purpose and design. If your intention is to live a meaningful and healthy life, you will make decisions that support this intention, and feel good about yourself when you succeed in this purpose. You will love yourself more if you see yourself accomplishing what you set out to do. You need to establish your living intentions, to do this.
- Express Gratitude. Gratitude is a precursor to feelings of Self Love. When you practice Gratitude, the act of Self Love is natural. You begin to see the blessings around you, and this includes you! When you see yourself as a blessing and you express gratitude you are likely to nourish you body with healthy. As the Gratitude Butterfly says "you move your body, not too punish it for eating a donut, but because you love how it makes you feel. Your self talk changes from criticism and self-doubt, to an endless flow of love and kindness towards yourself."
Most of the affirmations we see each day are true, Self Love is not selfish and neither is self care which will support you in your self love quest. By practicing self-love you will allow and encourage others to express themselves in the same way and start to attract people and circumstances to you that support your well-being.
Sooo, Just imagine how much you'll appreciate you when you settle into a hot bath with an Aaah CBD Bath Bomb, let your senses experience the medley of the purest essential oils penetrate in your body and mind and your body relax and absorb the skin soothing coconut oil and soothing concentrated CBD. This is just one tool in your toolbox of self love but an important one!
Start your self love journey with an Aaah CBD Bath Bomb
Shop Aaah CBD Bath Bomb now.